Friday, April 3, 2009

Pastrami Rueben from Memphis Minnie's


Pastrami Rueben, originally uploaded by predictablyhungry.

My work recently relocated down the street from (Lower Haight) from the Mission. I'll admit that at first I was pretty bummed about not being able to chomp down on delicious burritos for lunch anymore. But not so bummed now that I've found this place.

I was craving some fries and walked past this place. I glanced at the menu and couldn't help myself... it smelled so darn good!

The guy behind the counter talked me into trying their pastrami rueben sandwich. He promised it was the best sandwich in the city so I tried it with a side of fries.

That sandwich was tasty. The meat was nice and moist they were generous with the cheese. The fries were outstanding. They were crisp and spicy.

My main disappointment ended up with really thin watery bbq sauce, however, it was spicy (good).

I'm interested to try their mac and cheese and cornbread. I also noticed that they had a fried peach pie. Yum?

We'll see!

0 comments: