J&D's Foods.All Products.Bacon Salt, Baconnaise, Bacon Lip Balm.005, originally uploaded by baconsalt4you.
I can't remember how I first heard of Baconnaise or Bacon Salt, but I'd been dying to try either one.
It may have been facebook ads or woot.com or something of the sort.
Anyway, I finally found bacon salt at my local super market. I purchased the original and peppered, as they were both on sale. As soon as I paid for my products I ripped open the tops and well, stuck my finger in.
Yummm, tastes like seasoned salt really. I've been impressed enough to add it to my turkey sandwiches and popcorn.
Impressed enough that I looked EVERYWHERE for baconnaise until I realized that unless I lived in another state I'd be stuck paying an arm and leg for it through the internet.
And that I did.
I HAD to try it, and the excuse of using it for deviled eggs on Easter only made me order it.
It was expensive... including shipping the thing was like $12! For a jar of mayonnaise!
So I got it, and what did I do? Yep.
Stuck my finger in immediately. The baconnaise is definitely better than the salt and tastes more like bacon than its salt counterpart.
The night it came in the mail I put it in a homemade cheeseburger, and I'd have to say that last bite of bread that had burger juice on it with baconnaise was the best.
Today I used it in equal parts to regular mayonnaise for an egg salad sandwich.
Yum!
I suggest you guys try it out, but you might want to wait til you run across a promotion so that it's not so expensive through the internet.
0 comments:
Post a Comment