Friday, April 10, 2009

Burger King Onion Rings Flavored Snacks


Burger King Onion rings, originally uploaded by mt•MT•Mt.

I've had my eye on the Burger King Flavored Snacks line for awhile, but just couldn't bring myself to paying near $3 for them at Walgreens.

Good news! They were at the local $1 store, so for a buck I just had to give them a try (this was the only flavor they had).

I anticipated a chip similar to my beloved Funyuns, but was a little skeptical about their brown color. Which brings to mind... how am I not put off by the Funyun's yellow color?

Anyway, the BK onion ring snack are smaller and thicker than your average Funyun, and well, they don't really taste like them either. Which is probably a good thing, as they're a unique snack.

Upon first bite I was hit with an onion-y with a hint of sour cream flavor. I didn't like it... or so I thought. With the onion flavor lingering in my mouth I found myself getting up just to try one more, and another, and another.

They're addicting, and I believe, way more tastier than a Funyun.

And no, I probably still wouldn't pay $3 a bag.

Anyone ever try their ketchup and fries one? I'll have to keep an eye out for if/when those go on sale!

(Note: Thank you to mt*MT*mt for use of their wonderful photo).

0 comments: