Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Chocolate Mousse Bear-Shaped Peeps

I've been a fan of ever since I was a little kid. It was the one thing that was guaranteed to be in my Easter basket. I was always saddened by the fact that they came out but once a year.


Well, in recent years they began making them in other holiday shapes for the numerous holidays throughout the year. This year I spied some little brown marshmallow bears. Despite the fact that they're chocolate mousse flavored, I gave in.


Don't I always give in?


Opening the package was like opening a box of Cocoa Puffs or bringing a chocolate milkshake toward your mouth... yes, the smell of chocolate was surprisingly strong.


The texture's the same as all the previous peeps, the main difference is that the marshmallow itself is chocolate flavored. Eating just one taste like you've been drinking a chocolate milkshake.


In the end, I'd rather stick with the original Peeps but keep in mind I'm not the world's biggest fan of chocolate. If you're a chocolate lover than I'm pretty sure you'll be loving these as well.

(Thanks to I'm Kind of a Big Deal for the picture since my phone picture was too terrible to post).

0 comments: